Monday, October 12, 2015

I'm In A New York State of Mind

Remember last week when I shared My Travel Bucket List? I was so excited to strikethrough New Orleans and now....now I get to visit New York City at Christmas time!!!! This is a lifelong dream!


The hubs and I are going with another couple. Everyone has been but me, so of course I'm busy researching all the touristy things plus the "like a local" places to go. I'm most excited to see the tree at Rockefeller Center, the storefronts because I've heard they are beautiful and creatively designed, Times Square, eat at Serendipity (yes because of the movie), and see the Rockettes (the hubs already purchased tickets). Of course there are a million more things to see, but those are my top must-do. If we have time I would like to see the Statue of Liberty and take a tour of Ellis Island. My ancestors came through Ellis Island from Scotland.

Source
This also means shopping!!! Must have warm (and cute) clothes. First things first are warm boots. Came across these 'Lesley' waterproof suede wedge knee-high boots from UGG. The reviews say warm and comfy which means I'm sold :) I have a warm peacoat, but this wool blend moto jacket from Express is such a fun casual look. Not sure how warm it is, but I will keep watching the website for reviews. I've also been dying to have a red peacoat, add to my scarf collection, and wear cute hats and beanies. Goodness the hubs is going to kill me when I start purchasing all this stuff.

If you've been to NYC, what do you suggest doing/seeing? Oh and list some good places to eat. If you haven't been, what's on your list of things to do/see there?

Until next post...xoxo Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts! Dialogue is welcome, bullies are not.