Friday, December 2, 2016

Friday Favorites: 10 Things I Love About December


Every month I say this "Can it already be ___?" haha But seriously, it's December? When did that happen? Today I want to share all the things I love about December so lets get started :)

  1. Christmas music and Christmas performances: There is something so jolly about Christmas music! For the second year in a row, both my sister-in-laws are performing in Celebration, a musical production put on by Houston's First Baptist Church. If you are in the Houston area consider purchasing tickets, it's memorable!
  2. Christmas lights and decor: Growing up my dad would drive around town to see all the Christmas lights. One house near us had a themed cat every year. It stood probably 20 feet high and had a tail that went up and down. It's hard to describe, but it's a good childhood memory. Being in such a small apartment there is no room for a Christmas tree so this year it's icicle lights on the porch and a wreath. We went a little overboard at my office, but had a great time creating beautiful garland and window displays.
  3. Fuzzy slippers: In Houston we rarely get freezing weather this time of year, but December usually brings cooler temperatures which means I can wear all the warm pajamas and fuzzy slippers I want!
  4. Family photos: This isn't something I did growing up or now with my in-laws, but one day I hope to have a family of my own and get family photos taken each year. What I enjoy now is seeing everyone sharing their photos on facebook and instagram.
  5. Hot chocolate: I don't drink coffee so if you see me at Starbucks it's probably to get a hot chocolate. It's one of my favorite cold weather drinks.
  6. Smell: The smell of December? haha All the winter smells from gingerbread, to sugar cookies, to spiced candles.
  7. Reflection: As the year comes to an end it's a good time to reflect on where you've been and how you've grown. Knowing that a new year is a chance to continue where you want to go. (I'll share some thoughts about 2017 in another post.)
  8. Fires: Ahhhh a warm fire, complete with s'mores (Which I believe may be my favorite dessert)
  9. Parties: The holiday parties are amazing! Good food, good drink, good fun, great people! It's a dream of mine to host fabulous Christmas and/or New Year parties one day.
  10.  Joy: Despite the stress of the holiday season I feel people are more joyful this time of year. They're more kind to one another, generous, and overall a positive reflection of mankind.
Well this post gave me all the feels :) My inner smile is beaming. What are your favorite things about December? Share in the comments below. Until next post...xoxo Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts! Dialogue is welcome, bullies are not.