Friday, March 6, 2015

Colon Cancer Alliance - Go Blue

Every now and then a person comes into your life and reminds you of the good, the passion, and the strength of human beings. In 2009 I met a wonderful woman, known to many as Ms. Vicki. Her energy is addictive, her story inspiring. She shares her journey with everyone willing to listen. Many of us have been touched by cancer, whether we've had it ourselves or had loved ones affected by it. Vicki is no different. Now a 12-year survivor of colon cancer, she has chosen a path of advocacy with Colon Cancer Alliance. Read Vicki's story here.

Ms. Vicki has been part of my life in so many ways. I remember the Monday I went rushing into her office to show her a picture of the wedding dress I bought that weekend, the crockpot she gave me at my wedding shower, the huge smile she greeted me with after graduating with my master's degree, and the countless baked goods she's lovingly shared with the office and at tailgate tents!

The outpour of support for this amazing lady is moving. My Facebook newsfeed has been splashed with blue (the color of colon cancer awareness) today. It's "Dress in Blue Day" so if you didn't wear blue...go change! #DressInBlueDay






"There is no better advocate than yourself." -Vicki

Until next post...xoxo Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts! Dialogue is welcome, bullies are not.