Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo

The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo first began in the early 1930s and was called the Houston Fat Stock Show. The Houston Rodeo is a huge event for residents of the Houston and surrounding areas. Starting with a cook-off (which I've never been to, someone please let me tag along because it looks epic!), the livestock show, carnival, food (hell yes!), exhibits, and rodeo/entertainment lasts for 2-3 weeks. 

In college, the hubs and I would purchase "action seat" tickets from a lawyer in Dallas. These seats allowed us to be on the ground level, so much so you could taste the dirt kicked up from the chuck wagon races. We saw Pat Green many times! These days, because of work and other obligations, we don't get to go much. However, my best friend and college roommate offered us free tickets to see Tim McGraw with her and her husband. Her boss had extra tickets, so thank you to the boss man.

Of course the hubs and I had to stop off and get carnival food; funnel cake for me and sausage on a stick for him. We also shared a loaded baked potato once inside the stadium, yummmmm. Anyone who knows me knows I love baked potatoes, but for some reason cannot cook them myself. I'll save that story for a later date.

Tim McGraw was stellar. I'd never seen him perform and it was great. He performed at least 2 songs while walking around the arena high fiving fans and posing for selfies. There were a lot of his older songs and it definitely was a walk down memory lane.


Until next post...
xoxo Becca



You have to eat funnel cake at a fair right!?

Chuck wagon races

The hubs and I

Got to see one of my best friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts! Dialogue is welcome, bullies are not.