Saturday, April 18, 2015

Why Blog

As many of you now know, I have a blog. Thanks to my hubby he has shown me great support in building up my readership through Facebook. If you haven't had a chance to "Like" the Lexi & Lady Facebook page, I ask that you do it now. The question I have been asked from family and friends just finding out about my blog is why? Why did you start a blog? So here I am to explain a little about the why...

I'm a person that thrives when my plate is full and I'm under the pressure of deadlines. Being stressed to the max seems to be where I find both thrill and comfort (weird I know, but I have other friends like this so I know I'm not crazy). Until recently I always had a full plate, whether it was work, event planning, grad school, or countless other things that filled my calendar. Then I hit a slump....I was bored and wasn't utilizing my skills and creativity. Friends and colleagues kept telling me how much potential I had and I needed to find a way to use my abilities more. I also began noticing more and more people were coming to me for advice, ideas on gifts, fitness topics, and recipes. Friends started asking me to go shopping with them to help find the perfect outfit for an occasion. All these things are little passions of mine and I was glad to do it.

After realizing how stagnant my world had become, I decided to investigate this world of blogging. Believe me...I am a newbie and it is scary as hell to put yourself out there. But I reminded myself of all the things people kept telling me and I knew I had more to share with the world.

This little space in the blogosphere is my creative hub, the place where I can communicate with people about my passions or maybe spark someone else's creativity. It's a place that challenges me to be brave, creative, and step outside my comfort zone.

I'm glad you've made it to Lexi & Lady and hope you continue to follow my journey and share in the excitement of something new.

Until next post...xoxo Becca




2 comments:

  1. I love love love this post. You are a gem of a human, and I am confident you've found a great outlet. I am sorry I haven't been as present in this journey with you so far, but you have my total support and interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're here to go on this journey with me. It's definitely been fun so far and I love to hear when people enjoy the blog.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts! Dialogue is welcome, bullies are not.