Friday, June 5, 2015

Favorite Pin Friday | Volume 9

Leaving for California Monday morning and I still need to pack. Sigh. Talk about procrastination! Today is all about travel tips and packing. In my first "grown up" job, I traveled for a week at a time and sometimes several weeks back to back. I remember my first week out I over packed and by being alone on the road was therefore responsible to load and unload my luggage. Let me take a minute to tell everyone how thankful I am for a husband who does this for me when we travel together. He's amazing every day, but especially when it comes to heavy lifting. I never have to do it. Now back to my story...I quickly learned to pack in a carry-on size bag plus an overnight bag. I could manage the two. I'm hoping to pack this way for the trip to make things easier for myself and the hubs. Queue the "Babe, do you really need all those shoes?" The answer is YES, always! :P Here are a few things I've learned along the way and a few I've learned from Pinterest and other bloggers.
1.
Before ANYTHING...know the airline's and TSA's rules for carry-on and checked baggage (i.e. weight limits, liquids in carry-on, etc.).

2.
Pick a color scheme in your clothing so shoes and accessories can be reused and outfits can be mixed and matched for multiple days. Here's a great example!
Source

3.
Roll your clothes, they take up less room. Anything that won't wrinkle easily gets packed this way.

4.
Use plastic wrap to keep your bottles of shampoo and other liquids from leaking. It really does work! I've had everything from contact solution to sunscreen bust in my bag.
Source
5.
Stuff small items like socks in your shoes. Don't let the shoes hog all the space ;)
Source
 6.
Make use of the compartments/dividers in your luggage. They'll keep things organized!

7.
For the return trip home...well, just stuff and stuff until it all fits lol

Until next post...xoxo Becca
p.s. I'll be doing a lot of updating on Snapchat (@r8d6g)
p.p.s. There will be posts next week. They've already been written...look at me being proactive...now about that packing thing...gotta get to it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts! Dialogue is welcome, bullies are not.